Congregational Designated Minister (CDM)
More details on this style of ministry can be found at
Pembina Parish is looking to hire a community based lay person for a specified ministry position, who is dynamic and has experience creating momentum in an imaginative manner.
The main focus of this position is to help to engage folks who are interested in church activities and attending Pembina Parish.
The applicant must be a baptized person, who already has a background in the United Church or is willing to take studies as deemed required.
This position will function under the supervision of an ordained minister. 32 hours per week, flexible hours.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assist the ordained minister within the scope of the CDM skill set.
- Support and help deliver creative programming with the Sunday School and Young Families Interest Group of the Pembina Parish.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- High School diploma required
- Background/ education in Theological studies is an asset
Skills and qualities:
- A good understanding of/ or willing to learn about the United Church of Canada
- Willing to be open and flexible to the structure of Pembina Parish
- Has gifts, competencies, and experience related to ministry work required in this position.
- Be forward thinking with regard to diverse ways of looking at faith that would be of interest to persons seeking to attend Pembina Parish.
- Be a good listener and communicator with people of all ages. Always keeping a theological perspective.
- Be organized with good time management.
- Strong computer skills and experience using technology.
The full job description can be obtained from Pembina Parish- St. Paul’s United Church , 204-822-4508 or e-mail email@example.com , or the website United Church of Canada Pembina Parish.
Submit resume with names of 3 references to:
353 Thornhill Street
Morden, MB R6M 1M8
Application closing date is....March 1st, 2019
Start date early May or as mutually negotiated.